THE YOUTUBE LINK IS A MUST-CHECK. (provides more entertainment than this post)
This post will take you on a journey of Tollywood or to be precise movies made by the Telugu film industry. This is the 1st part of the series which would present my take on Tollywood. The 1st part focuses on the Tollywood actors and their gravity defying stunts .
This post will take you on a journey of Tollywood or to be precise movies made by the Telugu film industry. This is the 1st part of the series which would present my take on Tollywood. The 1st part focuses on the Tollywood actors and their gravity defying stunts .
Now most of you must have heard of Rajnikanth and I feel insulted when he is singled out for criticism especially his stunt scenes. One word: Ignorance. By singling out Rajnikanth , you are inviting the wrath of the Telugu film industry, whose actors make even Rajnikanth look meek. There are many actors who vie for the very same awards many of you bestow on Rajnikanth. After all, Rajnikanth is one but here you have at least a dozen and counting. Since you all are familiar with Rajnikanth and his stunts, let me give you a fair idea of the actors from the Telugu film industry. Mind you but at no point of time am I exaggerating and will support my statements with proof and names so that you guys can check for yourself.
All the Tollywood actors are blessed with super-human strength but that is oblivious when their bodies are looked at. NO, their mothers didn’t dip them in the Godavari using their heels. Their source of strength is still being deciphered and shows no likely signs of being discovered.
1: Balakrishna : Fondly known as Ballaiya, he is likely to be the winner as he is always one notch above others. He is a man of herculean strength. Every time he bedazzles me with his stunts and he can put anyone to shame.
The only one who has chased a train on a bike by jumping from one compartment to another of the same train.
He fires 2 bullets with such accuracy that they hit exactly the bolts which join the wheels of a plane.
The only one who is honoured to have reversed a train with his finger. No, he didn’t even fart. Even Popeye needed spinach , Spiderman and Superman needed super-human powers. He is also credited with burying 2 full grown men into the earth with nothing but his hands. No, he is no HULK.
He also climbs a mountain easily, no mean feat for him but then you can see the effort on his face. He manages to stretch his arms while climbing, with a hint of Lakhsya’s music in the background and ends up saving a rabbit from an eagle.
There are countless others which I can recollect but I want your brains to be in the right state so that you can finish reading the post .
2: Nagarjuna : Best known for his comic relief but I never really paid any attention to his stunts.
Known for diversionary tactics by raising dust in the air to fend off his attackers and then clear the dust from the air and inscribe some drawings on the dust which is still in the air.
His best stunt so far : he hits two men and they are lying on the ground wincing in pain. A third one enters and he is kicked into the air with such force that when he falls on the ground the ones lying on the ground rise into the air as if they are playing with an invisible see-saw .
3: Chiranjeevi : like Rajnikanth is to Tamil cinema , he is to Telugu cinema. In his movies , anything can happen and he can do stunts which will leave you gasping in disbelief though not enough to beat Balakrishna.
I won’t know give a description because he has retired from cinema and he is not coming back unless he realises he is a political failure and decided to entertain us.
4: Ram Charan Teja : the lastest sensation and kid on the block. Son of Chiranjeevi, this guy fought off 100 guys on his own on a small bridge and even managed to walk a few steps and squeeze in a few romantic dialogues with his heroine before he died. But before I could celebrate his death on-screen , he was reborn and yes in the same movie .
I have left a few who will be covered in the coming parts.
These guys provide my dose of humour whenever I am low. I know I haven’t done justice to their acts . But you guys can do so by at least checking on the links below unless you decide to watch one of their movies.
I hope I have given you a fair idea and next time before you decide to tag Rajnikanth, you better watch out for yourselves. I am providing you a with a few links so that you can entertain yourselves as I am pretty sure the post would have out you to sleep.
All the scenes feature in this except for one which I am unable to find but will post the link as and when I find it.
P.S: planning to start a film blog where I would post my reviews of the movies I watch and my take on the Indian cinema. What do you guys say???
7 comments:
Dude!
Awesome post. I can sense ur agony as a fellow Telugu cinema goer. Mana Balaiyya single handed ga gang rape cheyya galadu, junior NTR ni matram marichipoyav!
Btw, Venkatesh ki rasinadi Nagarjunaki raayalsindi, adi "Mass" cinema lo fight kabatti, Venky fights ala undav!
Looking for the next part :)
Cheers!
wowwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROFL! this post had me laughing so hard, harder than the whole ManUre thing too! :P :D
Post the next part soooooonnn!!!!! :) :)
And *double thumbs up* to the movie blog idea! :)
Cheers,
Annie.
how could you have Nagarjuna man, he's still fine for me. Chiranjeevi should be second. Third should've been Jr. NTR. missed him? he's the father of stunts
Bharat
loved your tollywood nonsense.. :P
till date I thought Rajini was the greatest.. but LOL.. he does have competitors.. :D
awesome post bro.. :)
ROFL!
Hilarious post! :D
Am so tempted to watch these superheros now :P
Yeah a film blog would be great.Do make it soon!
I created one and haven't updated since ages :O
Hii Kaka
Me and some of my frnds hv started an E magazine called Reader's Quotient, It is totally for a noble cause of funding education to needy children, I came across ur blog in my quest to search talented writers and felt worth to inquire if u shall be interested to come along with us,
If yes pls contact us at sangeeta.goswami@readersquotient.com
Waiting for ur revert
Regds/Sangeeta
www.readersquotient.com
@pawan yes man. you would understand it :) . updated
@ice and sugarcube movie blog will kick off soon :D
@bharat :D . forgot jr.ntr
@saad thanks bro :)
Post a Comment