the time has come to rant. this is the perfect place for that. the past 3 months has been frustrating and what not.
1: Everything seems rosy when you get placed and have a job in hand. Parents go crazy and start boasting. but there comes a time when you graduate and you still don't have your joining dates. 1 month goes by. people start asking you . you give some replies saying next month they are going to call and so on. 2 months pass by. you are getting slightly frustrated inside but more frustrating is the part where parents ask you to call the hr and pesky relatives ask every day if the joining dates have come or not. 3 months pass by. you are going through hell not because you still haven't received your joining dates but because you have everyone breathing down upon you asking when are you going to join, pester you to apply for other companies, keep advising you all the time even though they are the 1st ones to not follow that.
i hate the relatives especially those who feel they might die if they don't interfere with your life.
2: it rains all the time here in bombay which adds to my frustrations since i can't go outside, i can't play football and so on. bloody rain. i hate them so much. the weather may be pleasant but the situation isn't.
3: all your friends have received their joining dates and you haven't. you are longing to get outside and you can't. you wish to have a new camera and you can't. you want to watch a movie at night and you can't.
by this time you must be wondering what i must be doing at home daily? well i wake up, i take bath, i eat food, i sleep. again get up , again eat food , get milk , stare at nothing and go back to sleep. this state of nothingness can drive you crazy. everyday is a holiday and you don't even know which day it is ? the only bright point was the trip to hampi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
hey..don't worry dude..its not happening only with you..half the populaion seems to be as frustrated as you..but still not 1% of them write as good as you..you got this great talent!i loved your post!
Sridhar bhai..
I can understand what you are going through. I know how it feels to be at home, and just be; not knowing what day it is rather, not caring to know what day it is. There comes a time as such - will pass, for sure.
I have lived my share of such nothingness some time ago. I won't try to motivate you, I know you've got better words and even better thoughts to make your way out of this frustration. I know you will. What's to be seen is: when? Sort options, I'm sure you'll find ample of them. Probably, a new destiny awaits. :)
P.S.: I loved your pics at Hampi.
I've heard that such things happen..they dont give a joining date.
And the relatives...totally with u on that...ugh!!!!
So pick up a hobby that you couldnt really pursue becoz of lack of time na!! I remember you wanted to learn guitar..do that now. If you dont want to spend money then borrow a friend's guitar and learn from YouTube!
The football season's up to keep you glued to the TV.
And if you have any passion like...technology maybe...read up articles on them...there are some brilliant articles on Digg and such sites.
If you're into novels and stuff then I need not say more!
Take care...and dont worry.
@ishi thanks :)
@saad thanks bro :)
@shalu well it's not that they won't give a joining date. the situation's better now. the thing is i haven't received mine, yet. i remember the guitar thing. but you know the uncertainty thing put me off as i was unsure of when they would call. maybe i shouldn't care anymore. yes football's a refreshing thing but only weekends :) . well you know nothing holds my interest as of now and i am allowing the frustration to get the better of me.thanks :)
dude, watch the graduate. it would be perfect.
Lol...you weirdo!
Post a Comment